Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
MrLet  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 10:44:10 PM(UTC)
MrLet

Groups: Registered

Hello,

Firstly, I am a programmer with a computer science degree.

I wanted to talk about your hack detection software. Why is it so bad and why are people not getting banned for using hacks? You should not be needing people to send screenshots/videos to prove that people are hacking.
Instead I have a better solution to help stop hacking.

The first method is: monitor what players are doing! Can you not see that a player has killed somebody on their own team? Or if a player has killed every person on the other team in 1 second? What about checking if a player has tried to reload or how many people have tried to kill the hacker?

Secondly, games like Call of Duty have the player location sent to server. This can be difficult to verify using UDP but we can still use this information to see if a player is hacking.

Thirdly, to detect flying hacks you can have a packet to tell you if the player is touching the ground or not. If the player has been flying for a long time, you know they are hacking.

I can give you many more simple solutions but these are some that you can implement now and fix hacking (without needing a big client update).

I don't work for WolfTeam (although that would be cool!) - I like the game, enjoy it so let us help you make the game better.

Will anything happen? I can even give you flipping code to help you if you don't want to do it.
eliotime3000  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 12:10:12 PM(UTC)
eliotime3000

Peru

Well, the anticheat engine that Softnyx is using actually is XIGNCODE3, which is developed by Wellbia. Actually, the anticheat engine haves a lot of claims about the plethora of false-positives that is bringing to all the users of any F2P game that uses the engine. Many claims provides from the latin america and international Softnyx users, alongside from users of occidental edition of Black Desert Online.

http://www.wellbia.com/home/en/pages/xigncode3/

Otherwise, I'm testing the brand new international edition of Wolfteam, because the american edition supplied by Aeria Games haves the XIGNCODE3 completely enabled for heruistics and/or any other stuff that is bloating me of false positives every time that I'm logging in.
MrLet  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 5, 2017 9:37:48 AM(UTC)
MrLet

Originally Posted by: eliotime3000 Go to Quoted Post
Well, the anticheat engine that Softnyx is using actually is XIGNCODE3, which is developed by Wellbia. Actually, the anticheat engine haves a lot of claims about the plethora of false-positives that is bringing to all the users of any F2P game that uses the engine. Many claims provides from the latin america and international Softnyx users, alongside from users of occidental edition of Black Desert Online.

http://www.wellbia.com/home/en/pages/xigncode3/

Otherwise, I'm testing the brand new international edition of Wolfteam, because the american edition supplied by Aeria Games haves the XIGNCODE3 completely enabled for heruistics and/or any other stuff that is bloating me of false positives every time that I'm logging in.

Yes, I know they use XIGNCODE3, however that only prevent your basic memory manipulation (e.g. stopping stuff like cheatengine from working). I've peaked at how these hacks are being made and honestly, it's so very trivial.
If you Google "xigncode3 bypass" you'll understand then you'd be able to get your memory addresses etc using cheat engine or whatever and using some crappy language like Visual Basic (what seems like the popular) for editing values at the static memory address found by cheat engine. Xigncode only helps a little but is not better than server side detection.

I don't know about false positives now but I do remember it being there many years ago (personal experience) however that should be been fixed by now.

But really, what is hard about sending values to the server and having a simple check performed?

You'd literally just be adding an extra line or 2 that sends the data on some thread. The server would do the rest but really the work is not a lot at all. I could even write a snippet.

Heck even creating a new thread sending data such as ammo, position, height, mouse position, kills would be enough to do a decent detection job.